If you are living in Singapore and want to buy frozen seafood, you might need what is the best frozen squid. Frozen squid is perfect for cooking or grilling. It will not be as fresh as fresh squid but if you keep the frozen ones properly, they can stay fresh enough for some days.
Frozen Squid is a type of seafood that is difficult to find in Singapore. The best thing about it is that you can choose the size, flavor and texture of the squid you want. If you are looking for a small, tender, tasty and nutritious snack or lunch, then frozen squid is what you need.
Frozen Squid Variety
There are many varieties of frozen squid on the market. Most of them are frozen to preserve freshness, some others are frozen as raw material for squid soup. If you want to try something different and healthy, then buy a bag of frozen squid. It is easy to prepare especially if you cook it whole or grill it.
Preparing Best Frozen Squid
If you want to buy your own supply of Best frozen squid, here are some steps that you can follow:
1) Check the label on the package. Make sure that it only contains ingredients of squid and water.
2) Check the expiration date and make sure that the squid is not expired. Failing to check this important label might ruin your meal.
3) Wash the squid thoroughly before cooking or eating it. When you buy frozen squid, you should still cook it to get rid of any toxins or bacteria that are found in uncooked seafood.
4) If you will not use the squid that day, store it in a freezer. Make sure that it is wrapped well so the quality of the frozen squid won’t be affected.
5) Thaw the frozen squid before cooking or eating it. Check the label to know how long you need to thaw it.
You can cook or grill frozen squid in different ways:
1) Cook Frozen Squid with Water
If you want a tender squid, cook it thoroughly until its texture is no longer rubbery. Make sure that you have the right amount of water so you won’t over cook it.
2) Grill Frozen Squid
You can grill frozen squid and mix it with a common dipping sauce to enjoy salty, sweet and savory flavor. If you want to grill it from frozen, make sure that the squid is thawed before grilling so it will not burn easily.
3) Steam Frozen Squid
Steaming frozen squid will remove the rubbery texture and retain moisture. It will be tender, juicy and delicious. If you are still not sure whether to buy frozen squid or not, then you can try it to find out whether frozen squid is the best choice if you want to buy seafood in Singapore. The good thing about frozen squid is that it is easy to prepare. If you know how to cook frozen squid, it will be very delicious. If you want to buy fresh seafood, visit a seafood stall or fresh seafood brand and try some delicious dishes made of fresh fish, lobster or shrimp.