Are you thinking about moving out of your parent’s house? Have you seen a rental space or something? If yes, you’ve come to the right place as I’m going to make your transition smooth and effortless.
Most people struggle when moving to rental spaces due to a lack of experience and insufficient knowledge about how things work. Well, I won’t let it happen to you.
The rental space you’re looking for is going to be your new home, but it won’t be like the previous one where you had all the essentials you needed. That’s right, guys. You’ll have to set it up and make it comfortable on your own.
Mentioned below is the list of things you’ll need in order to make your new rental apartment or house home, comfortable and pleasant. Give it a read and interpret:
First and foremost, you need to pack all the bathroom essentials. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to find out that there are no toilet roles in the house? It would be extremely frustrating.
To avoid such inconveniences, you must pack all the bathroom essentials written below:
- Toilet rolls, toothpaste, and toothbrush
- Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and a loofah
- A hand wash liquid as well as a few bars of soap
- Bathroom cleaning solutions and brushes
- A dustbin, shower curtains, and 2-3 towels in different sizes
- Personal hygiene commodities, such as a shaving kit and tampons
Ranking second is the kitchen essentials. The reason it isn’t on top of my list is that you can dine out for a day or order some food whenever you feel hungry. But of course, you cannot eat in take-out boxes every day, so kitchen essentials are mandatory, too.
Following is the list of the kitchen essentials that you need to purchase for new rental space:
- A crockery and cutlery set
- A few spare bowls, glasses, and mugs
- A stockpot, a saucepan, a stainless steel skillet, and a grill pan
- A cutting board, a grater, tongs, whisks, a can opener
- The essential kitchen appliances like a toaster oven combination, a refrigerator, and more
I’ve recently switched my apartment, so I lost a number of kitchen essentials on the way. It was kind of disappointing in the beginning but then I got to know about the Home Addons home improvement website. It offers all kitchen appliances at reasonable price rates, so it provided me with great relief.
Third and one of the most important categories, it covers the cleaning essentials. Cleaning your rental space every day is necessary even if it’s newly built and super clean at the moment. Not cleaning it regularly will make it look old and unpleasant in less than a few days.
Therefore, it’s something that cannot be skipped. What you need to understand is that cleaning is a lot more than using a vacuum cleaner. Here’s the rundown of cleaning essentials you must buy:
- A squeegee, spray bottle and scrub brush
- A broom, mop, and dustpan
- Microfiber cleaning cloths, sponges, and towels
- Anti-bacterial spray, wet wipes, and bug repellent
- Extendable dusters and adhesive removers for stubborn stains
- Cleaning solutions, including detergents, floor cleaners, dishwashing soap, and a glass-cleaning solution
Just because we’ve covered the basics, it doesn’t mean we’re done. As I mentioned earlier, it’s not easy moving from one place to another and converting a house to a home. There are a lot of little things that play a part in making your home comfortable.
While you may not realize it now, the lack of the miscellaneous items mentioned below can make a huge difference. Thus, they’re essential. Since I cannot place them in one category, I’ve labeled them as miscellaneous items. Have a look:
- A plasma television or a mini home theater
- Spare batteries, EU adapters, and an extension wire
- A small-sized inverter generator for internal use
- A flashlight, a first aid box, and a tool kit
- Shoe organizers, garment bags, and tie and belt racks
- A portable barbecue grill for some occasional fun
A Stable Internet Connection
Another important thing that you need to have before you move in and settle into your new rental space is an internet connection. It’s the world of globalization and one thing we cannot manage to live without is the internet.
Without the internet, our smartphone merely looks like a dummy. Therefore, you must ensure that you have a stable internet connection in your rental space. Call the telecommunication service you like and ask them to install a WiFi connection a day before you plan to move in. Having all these things done prior to moving into your rental space can save you from a lot of potential trouble and frustration.
Besides the list of things shared above, certain other things can be essential, depending on your family, the nature of your job, and your personality. For example, if you have a child, you’d be required to carry all his stuff, too.
From the baby crib, bouncer, and diapers to the baby milk and feeding bottles, everything is crucial. In fact, you cannot live without them for a single day as your child needs them to survive healthily. Similarly, if you’re a work-at-home person, you’ll need an office space for your everyday use. For that, you must get a table and a chair. A table lamp as well, maybe.
Hence, it all comes down to your lifestyle and needs. All you need to do is be mindful when packing for your new house. Create a checklist of things you need and check all items once you’re done packing them. I wish you all the best, my friends. Happy moving!